Some important resources:
- Thematic maps
- India thematic map (literacy and population)
- Helping students practice career presentations
- Example of bill project (elderly driving license bill)
- Led discussion about economic terms in news
- Making group work contract
Thoughts I Had During the Week:
- One student had an awesome answer in a group discussion that I wasn’t expecting – left me speechless in a good way.
- Working on district assessment, had to sit with one student and literally give him everything he needs to get his work done. Needs constant pushing
- Career Presentations – great to see what students experienced. Really great to see student with ASD present.
- Delayed start – PLP/Content meetings. Created shorter class periods.
- Confusion about expectations of district assessment for both grades, even though it was talked about before. How do you make it clearer?
- I had a day that I didn’t want to be in school – not feeling good physically or mentally. I went to school because I knew cooperating teacher needed me – had to suck it up.
- Bill project – one group doing weed bill. Great conversations, but they can get too caught up in the talking part – will need direction to stay focused as project goes on.
- Outright refusal – “I won’t sign something that says I’m doing work, why would I do that?” A struggle with this student. Cooperating teacher has to be firm with him.
- Some students not using class time productively, but district assessment due next week – have been given SO much class time to work, really no excuses
Teacher Meme of the Week: